Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Remembering Tim Russert
How sad I was last week to hear about the passing of Tim Russert. As I watched his memorial service today I was not surprised to see how many people showed up or all the wonderful things they had to say about him. I did not know him but those that watched him on "Meet the press" could see just what a sincere, kind and caring person he was, you could just see it in his face. It's amazing how the passing of someone that you have never met can have such a HUGE impact on one's life. He loved his Family and friends so much, and they talked a lot about that, it makes me want to be more like him. They said how he was always the one to "pick someone up", to always make everyone feel that what was going on in their lives was the most important thing. I hope that all of us can live our lives like that and to love one another and REALLY mean it. Life is short and we NEVER know when our good Lord is going to call us home. One thing is for sure , Tim Russert did not leave this earth with any regrets. His Wife and Son Luke and the rest of his Family and friends always knew how loved they were. Please don't live your life thinking there will be a tomorrow and that you will be able to say all the things that you want to say "tomorrow" because it may not come! God bless everyone and please keep his Wife, Son and his Dad Russ in your prayers. His Dad, by the way, is in his late 80's. Can you imagine the pain that he must be going through.No parent should ever have to live to see their Child die....but we don't live in a perfect world....one day we will and one day Tim and his Father will be together again:)
Love always........ Tracy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was so sad about Tim Russert passing away. Life is short Tracy and we all should make sure that we tell our loved ones how we feel.
Have a great time in Augusta and I want to see pictures of your class reunion.
love ya
carrie
Post a Comment