Saturday, January 3, 2009
Jacob and Michal's Wedding...what fun!!!
I really don't even know where to begin...maybe 19 years ago. That is when the Brand Family came into my life and it has NEVER been the same since ( and I mean that for the better).
I moved from Augusta, Ga when I was only 21 years old, had never been out of Augusta and had only been to Atlanta once, so , needless to say, it was a scary time for me. I actually moved to Atlanta to be a Nanny, my escape from the small Town that I no longer wanted to be a part of. I went to School for a little while before landing a few job's that just didn't work out, Thank you God, and through my soon to be Husband, that didn't work out either, Thank God again...LOL.. I ended up in the home of Bonnie and Ted Brand. It is THE relationship that really taught me what was "Normal", how a Family should be. I didn't have much of that growing up and that's okay, that is also what made me who I am today.
The Brand Family have been a REAL Family to me. I have never felt like I was not apart of their Family at all. Bonnie has been there for me through sooo much in my life and me living with them for 4 years, as Bonnie said one time,"felt like she was married to me not Ted". Ted is a Doctor, so needless to say, he worked ALL the time back then. Miriam was only 3 months old, Shana was 4 years old and Jacob, the groom was 8 years old. Me , I was 23 and was really needing the love that they so freely gave me. I remember taking the kids out to dinner, a lot to "Chuck-e-Cheese", C.J.'s favorite place in the whole world now, that is a full circle moment right? anyway, people used to always think the kids were mine and most of the time I just said "Thanks" when they said how cute they were..and still are. I have to say, they were the BEST kids. I know that a lot of that came from their incredible Parents. Bonnie didn't work out side the home BUT inside the home she was always and still is there for her kids. President of PTA, probably until Miriam got done with High School, the School, I am sure, was more sad to see Bonnie leave than she was.LOL!!
ALL three of the kids were always on honor role and all the kids from the time I remember loved to be at home with Bonnie and Ted. That was something that really stood out to me for the longest time, because, when I was growing up, all of my friends wanted to be OUT of the house.
Even when I stopped working for Bonnie, got married, got divorced, moved away...blah, blah, blah..there was lot of that, she was always there for me. After I got divorced and moved back to Augusta she came to visit with Miriam and Shana, she also gave me a BIG going away party when I had to move so I could say good bye to all my friends, and them of course..anyway, they came to visit and she told me if I wanted to find a job and move back to Atlanta I could live with them for 4 months, rent free...she had no idea that God was going to work so fast..I was back in Atlanta,I think, in two weeks..thanks to me sweet friend, Greg, who drove down and helped me get moved..Bonnie is very rare, there are not that many people that would do that for someone and Michal is about to find out how really blessed she is to have such a loving Mother-In -law:)
Bonnie is the first person I call about everything. When Chad and I met, almost 7 years ago, we didn't know each other but a few months, maybe, and although some people had their doubts, she never did. Must be the Jewish Mother in her that just knows when something is right. She was the first person I called when I found out I was pregnant with C.J. and they even drove down to bring him home from the Hospital with us and stayed most of that first week.I will never forget how special that time was , having her there meant so much to me!
I feel so blessed by God that He has brought them into my life and I so look forward to Shana's and Miriam's wedding's and the birth of all their Babies. I am who I am mostly because of this incredible Family and my life would not have had the meaning that it does without them....Bonnie, I love you so much and thank you for being a very loving Mom to me all these years!!!
The last thing I have to say is.. that God knows what we need WHEN we need it and a lot of things that happen in our life are because of the choices we make in our life. If I had not made that choice 19 years ago to want something better in my life I most likely would not be sitting here today. I don't mean dead, I mean the person I am. God guides us all, if we will just listen to Him...I am so glad that I listened!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
WOW!!! looks like a VERY fun wedding. Isn't that who you used to Nanny for all those years ago??
you looked beautiful by the way and C.J. is just the cutest little boy.Please come and visit soon, we miss you so much:)
Tammie
That was just beautiful!!!
Carrie
Post a Comment