Monday, June 15, 2009

First day of VBS!!



Today was the first day of VBS and C.J. and I had so much fun! It is so amazing all the people that volunteer, we have 850 kids this year and 300 volunteers. I have never been C.J.'s Teacher before, this is his 3rd year going, but I am so glad I am his Teacher this year. I love how tonight he asked me, "Mom, will you be my Teacher tomorrow?" it just melts my heart...besides becoming a Christian for the first time I have to say that this is the most amazing love I have ever felt for anyone. I love my sweet Husband more than words can say, he really is my best friend, but it's a different kind of love with your Child, I'm sure any Mom would say that.
I am thankful that I have listened to God speak to my heart about making sure that C.J. learns as much as he can at a very early age about how much Christ loves him and that if C.J. was the only person on earth that believed in Him He would still die for him.
I love seeing how sweet these kids are and wish that adults were more like them. I really don't understand how people even call them selves Christians and yet don't have that unconditional love in there hearts for others as Christ has called them to do. How do we not show mercy to others when so much has been shown to us??? I need this in my life and am so grateful for the opportunity to be the hands and feet that Christ has called me to be and say thank you to all the Volunteers that have sacrificed their week to take part in the lives of all these precious kids!!!

No comments: