Sunday, May 4, 2008

My thoughts today.

I had so many thoughts run through my mind today BUT the main thing was that I am so very greatful to GOD for all that He has done for me in my life.
By that I don't mean ANYTHING material, although stuff is nice,but I mean more the things that we all take for granted at times.
As I was watching C.J. play today I felt so blessed that he was healthy and how happy he is all the time. And when I am at home with him, just so thankful that our child has all that he needs to live each day. He has clothes, food, shelter , a nice warm bed/bath and Family and friends that love him and a Savior that loves him EVEN MORE than Chad and I do and that is the thing that I am most greatful for!
we all go through struggles,maybe not the same struggles but each one matters and they are still hard. I know that when I am holding C.J. everynight and I think about the kind and caring Husband God has given me what else do I need? I am learning more and more everyday to just rest in HIM and to leave "whatever" it is that I am going through at HIS feet, when I do I am so much more at peace.
God NEVER said that this life would be easy, so I take it day by day and just try and be in the moment, to look around at what God has blessed me with and just say THANK YOU to HIM.
I will be 42 this year and it really is true what they say about being in your 40's. You tend not to care so much about what people think or say about you because it really doesn't matter-you start to see what REALLY matters and that is my relationship with Christ, Family and the friends that REALLY care about you!
There is a verse in the Bible that I have always loved and it is Proverbs 30:7-9

'Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die:
Keep falsehood and lies far from me;give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have to much and disown you and say,"who is the Lord?"
or I may become poor and steal and so dishonor the name of my God.

I remember Andy Stanley saying at Church one time that every night he says that prayer for his Family-"keep false hood and lies FAR from my Family" and that verse has been close to my heart as well.
saten does not want our homes/lives to be happy and he sure does not care about the precious children God has so blessed us with. We can never pray enough that God will always have that " special hedge of protection over them."

Hope everyone has a truly blessed week:)

1 comment:

Cosey Family said...

How true it is!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts..what a great reminder of just how blessed we are too!
Hope to see you soon.
Kat