Thursday, August 14, 2008

The last Lecture..so moving!!!




I was up watching T.V. tonight and came across a "Dateline" that had been on there for a few weeks and it was about the Man that gave " The Last Lecture". I had seen the video before and was very moved by it. I hope that if you have never seen it you go and watch the other video's on Youtube as well.
He died a few weeks ago and I wish that I could post the "Dateline" interview as it showed him with His Wife and Kids and as they both handled what was going to happen to him.
I pray that all of us would look at our lives and how we live it. He, I feel, was blessed to know that he had only six months to live BUT tomorrow you or I ...well it could be our last day here on this Earth and do we want to leave it with regrets???Randy sure didn't!!!
Are we living the life that God has intended us to live? Can we say that we love others the way God wants us to love others? and do we tell those that we love just how much we do love them....because tomorrow might not come and it might now come for someone that you do love but maybe that person doesn't hear it enough or we don't show it enough.
I have to say , for me, that I pray my family and Friends know how much I love them. I'm sure that there are days I don't show it like I should and I pray that God will,everyday, remind me of how important that is. Not to let a day go by that we don't say I love you to each other, not to have bitterness in our hearts...that only hurts the person that is holding on to it and to not only love our Family and Friends but others that we really don't know...people we meet everyday that might need a kind word or even a smile. I think if we all go that extra mile there will be nothing that take away from what we will feel on the inside, and as a friend of mine said to me recently...you will hear one day God saying..."Well done". Nothing could be better than that.
I also found out this week that someone I knew since Jr.High School passed away last week from Cancer, Neal, and that another friend from Atlanta, Rick, has stage 4 cancer. So it is just a huge reminder that it could really happen to any of us and let us all make these day's on Earth really matter and count for something.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so beautiful Trace. I really love how you lay your heart out there...you are an open book!!!
That is a story that we all should live our lives by and to live as if there is no tomoorow.


Love....Carrie

Anonymous said...

I hope YOU know how much I love you Tracy. We can get so wrapped up in day to day things and planning for tomorrow that sadly it can become easy to lose sight of our purpose here on this earth. To share the love of Christ with everyone. I am blessed beyond measure with a great family and with great friends. I pray to for strength to live my life for the glory of God everyday.

Love
Tonya

Anonymous said...

I hope YOU know that I love you very much. I pray for strength everyday to live my life for the glory of God while I am here on this earth. Our time is short and we are not promised tomorrow. We can get so caught up in day to day things and planning for tomorrow that is is easy to lose sight of that. I believe that is why these unexplainable things happen to remind those of us who are healthy and blessed that we SHOULD be living as though there is no tomorrow. To examine our lives and be thankful for every moment.

Love

Tonya

Anonymous said...

That was VERY beautiful Tracy. I hope that all your friends appreciate you as much as you do them.
There is NOTHING more important than our relationship with the Lord and if you have that solid fondation than you will love others the way you are called to, if not, it's time to start checking our hearts and seeing what is really going on inside of us.
Thank you for always having that heart that is pure. Like Carrie said, you are an open book and no one can say that you are not always willing to share what is on your heart and that means so much!!!!

love you so much
Julie