Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday Thoughts

WOW! I almost don't even know where to start on where my thoughts have been the last few weeks. First off I pray that anyone who reads this and is having some kind of "issue" with the way they look and the things that they want to "fix" to listen to the story that I heard at the gym last week.
I was working out and talking to this girl beside me and we were talking about WHAT ELSE...our tummy, and how we just wish that we could get rid of that "little bit", and this man working out beside us started saying "There is nothing wrong with you , you look great", that is always nice to hear, although the reason he told us that was because his wife last year felt the same way after she had 2 c-section's and wanted to get her stomach fixed. She had the surgery and after she came home, dies 7 days later....she was only 32 and left behind a 6 year old girl and 2 year old boy. I realized right then that there is not one thing that I have to complain about and that all I need to do is focus on the important things in my life and SO WHAT if I have a little left over from having a baby...it was a prayer that God answered!!!!

I also had a long conversation with one of my best friends, and she at this point is ready to just call off having friends at all. I think that it is sad that we say this person is my friend but the actions behind it don't match. Like she said, "why can't everyone just get along". I think as Christians it is really sad when you see people just not loving each other the way Christ calls us to.... is that hard after all He has done for us???? I feel I do my very best to love the friends I've had for over 30 years the same as the ones that I have just met in the last 6 years. A dear friend of mine, Lori I've only known less than a year, she and I met at Panara Bread, and she now has started going to BSF and is someone who I love dearly and C.J. loves her and her kids so much. I say this because I feel we don't "step out of our comfort zone" enough. Isn't that what Christ wants us to do, isn't that what Christ did himself. I am pretty sure that He didn't just stick with the "same" group of friends , how would anyone have had the chance to know who He was?
If all we're doing is worrying about what others think about us and if they are REALLY your friend then they probably are not. I remember years and years ago while I was on a date with a guy, he turned to me and said "Tracy, if you died tonight who would know it? could you imagine going to be with the Lord and someone that you "thought " was a friend not even knowing what had happened to you for weeks. Ever since then I have tried to really focus on those friendships that I know, "with out a doubt" that I am loved and that these are people that would always be by my side. I am sure that all of us have people/friends that we would like to maybe be closer to but for some reason maybe that just has not happened. I think that God calls us to love everyone BUT that does not mean we will not run into people that God has put there for a season in our lives to maybe help us get through something,to learn more about our selves,to even help us get through life, rather it is for 10 years, 5 years, 1 year , one week or even one day....maybe even for that one minute. I am thankful to EVERYONE who has been placed in my life because I know that there was a purpose in it.
I want to say thank you to those friends that I made over 19 years ago in Atlanta. To Bonnie, who is really like my Mother, I would not be who I am with out her nor would I be the Mother I am....I love you so much and getting to know you, Ted, Jacob, Shana and Miriam is something that I will always be thankful for, what a blessing you are to me and thank you so much for loving me all these years like I was your very own!
To the following friends who have been there through some of the best and worst times in my life... you are all Angels sent by God; Cara, Susan, Angela, Nancy , Amy,Tonya and Barb, I love you guys and you have been the most supportive friends over all these years and I have NEVER had a question about your love for me:)

For my friends that I have made here over the past 6 years, I love you guys just the same and I thank you as well for your deep friendships and I really look at you all as my "Sisters".
This, by the way is in no specific order. Lisa, Vicky,Kim, Jamie, Lori, Julie, Darilyn, Annie, Carrie, Christie, Sabrina and Roxanne you have been friends that have been "my rock" I have no doubt in my mind that God has sent you special Women in my life, and I am eternally grateful to all of you.

I don't have many people from Augusta that I have really kept in touch with but the few that I have have been faithful friends for soooo many years.; Sheryl, who has been my friend since we were 12 years old, Barbara, Kim, Lori, Renee,Cookie, Janet and Debbie, who I just got back in contact with when I went to my High School Reunion, as well as my very sweet friend Gwyn, who used to my best buddy in Junior/High School . I can't wait to see you guys around the end of July. All of you are very special to my heart .

I pray that all of us will never allow Satan to do the one thing that Christ has called us to do and that is to "love others as we love ourselves."...If we really love who we are, it will be very hard to hate or dislike anyone . If you do have someone that seems to be unlovable the best medicine for that is to pray for that person, we never know what is going on in that persons life and they may really need our prayers. You will be amazed at how you will soon start to love that person more than you thought you could.....God changes hearts if you allow Him to.

God Bless you and your families, and I pray that in some little way this has helped or touched someone.......Tracy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy...your thoughts are MY thoughts!!!! That was so moving and I thank you for sharing what is in your heart. You have always had such a pure heart and I can't imagine someone not seeing what a loving and kind person you are. I hope your friend does not give up all together on friendships, they are a treasure,but at least she has a good friend in you!

That is so sad about the man that lost his wife.I think that all of us could learn a lesson from that story. Everything will pass away BUT your soul so we should all just focus on the REAL things that have meaning in our lives;God, Family and friends....what else matters?????

Your a blessing
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Tracy,

Thanks for all the truly loving thoughts! You are a part of the family, and I love you. Hard to believe it is almost 19 years that I have known you.

Love

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Tracy,

This was a VERY sweet and touching email! God has definitely given you the gift of friendship because you are a good friend to many. You also are a terrific writer...maybe you could write a book. You are a very loving and thoughtful person and I am thankful to call you a dear friend of mine and I love you dearly. Now, if I could only stop working...or traveling for work and doing my second job as the Cares team...maybe we could spend some time together! We just got back from Montana and it was SO beautiful and nice!!! And slow paced!!! We got home after midnight last night and I'm at work now...swamped of course and exhausted (can't wait to get home and go to bed)...

Angela

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
I am in awe reflecting on the person you have become!!!! God's love exudes from you illuminating HIS glory, riches, and blessings that you are obviously so thankful for. I pray one day to become a fraction of the testimony God has made of you! Keep on keeping on.

Working Together For Him!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Tracy, your email was so sweet and sent thru the eyes,ears and heart of our Lord. I really appreciate all your insightful thoughts, more importantly that you took the TIME to write. I'm honored that you even mentioned my name. you have an incredible heart for friendship and family... I'm sure Ted and Bonnie were blown away with your reference to "your family"... they are amazingly giving folks. I smile every time i think of their precious family and how rich of a heritage they have. Take care. Love, Susan