Well.....the baby birds have left their nest. I just knew that it would happen when I wasn't home. Tuesday , after getting together with friends, I came home to find the nest empty. I looked everywhere for those birds, thinking it wasn't time for them to fly yet, I came in and called Chad in a panic to tell him, seeing as one had gone missing, praying that he/she spread her wings and flew away, and after hanging up the phone decided to look one more time. I could not believe what I saw. Both birds were sitting on the deck underneath the tree that we put out there to shade them. I put them both back in the nest...with trash bags of course...and then watched to make sure the Mom and Dad came back. Well yesterday before I left to go out, knowing I was going to be gone for 6 hours, I checked on them and as I looked out the window one was jumping out of the nest, as I opened the door she jumped back in the nest...needless to say when I returned back home they were both gone:( I know that it was time to spread their little wings and fly but I will miss them. I know they are glad that I was gone that day because they would have been pretty frustrated me putting them back in their nest all day:) maybe we will get some more next year. I have been told that they always come back to the place they built before.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Bye-Bye baby Birds
Well.....the baby birds have left their nest. I just knew that it would happen when I wasn't home. Tuesday , after getting together with friends, I came home to find the nest empty. I looked everywhere for those birds, thinking it wasn't time for them to fly yet, I came in and called Chad in a panic to tell him, seeing as one had gone missing, praying that he/she spread her wings and flew away, and after hanging up the phone decided to look one more time. I could not believe what I saw. Both birds were sitting on the deck underneath the tree that we put out there to shade them. I put them both back in the nest...with trash bags of course...and then watched to make sure the Mom and Dad came back. Well yesterday before I left to go out, knowing I was going to be gone for 6 hours, I checked on them and as I looked out the window one was jumping out of the nest, as I opened the door she jumped back in the nest...needless to say when I returned back home they were both gone:( I know that it was time to spread their little wings and fly but I will miss them. I know they are glad that I was gone that day because they would have been pretty frustrated me putting them back in their nest all day:) maybe we will get some more next year. I have been told that they always come back to the place they built before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so sweet that you were so concerned about those birds.It reminds me of the verse in the Bible...Matthew 7:26 "Look at the BIRDS of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away food in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are YOU not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can ada single hour to his life?
I so love that verse and it is a great reminder of how God takes care of us and in time of trouble He will be there.
I know those birds were glad that you were not home that day they left....they may NEVER have been able to....haha
Have a great weekend
Julie
What a lovely story you have been journaling with these birds. Leaving again Tuesday morning for a week. Take care. Love Susan
I'm sad that your birds left but now you get to see them flying around and hear them singing!
Post a Comment